Dive Guide & Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the Dive Guide program. Working closely with an Instructor, in this program you hone your skills to the professional level. Dive Guide training develops your leadership abilities and qualifying you to supervise dive activities with certified divers. Complete the Science of Diving course and you'll receive the Divemaster rating. Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the Assistant Instructor and Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You Learn
During the Dive Guide program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that strengthen your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba skills. You'll put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
The Scuba Gear You Use
- You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive computer, and surface marker buoy.
- It is mandatory that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. You can find everything at Sea Level Diving.
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- Have a current React Right (first aid & O2) certification.
- Have a Diver Stress & Rescue certification
- Have Deep, Navigation, and Night specialty certifications or have logged proof of at least 5 dives in each topic.
- Have logged 60 dives totaling a minimum of 40 hours
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Course Fee $904.37 including all course materials for Dive Guide and Science of Diving so you will receive the Divemaster rating. Subtract $95.00 if you have already completed the Science of Diving course.
Courses are scheduled as needed to fit your schedule. Call today to get started!