No one makes getting your certification easier than Sea Level Diving!
Simply complete the following 3 steps:
1. Academic: This is the knowledge development portion of the course. Prior to your in-water training (next step), you will need to read, view videos, and take quizzes, using the digital home study materials. This should take approximately 6-8 hours. To sample the materials free, click here.
2. Pool Training: In the comfort and convenience of our on-site, indoor pool, you'll learn the skills needed to scuba dive.
3. Open Water Training Dives: you'll complete 4 open water dives demonstrating your mastery of the dive skills you learned in the pool. The dives can be done with us at Three Oaks Recreation Area, less than a mile from our store or while on your vacation through a worldwide referral program.
That’s it, you now have a life-time Scuba Certification with one of the world's largest certification organizations!
You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire for the course. Depending on your answers, you may have to see your doctor before you can take the course. Click here for an example of the medical questionnaire.
Not sure if you're ready for scuba lessons yet? Try our 1 hour Try Scuba Class!!
Minimum age for scuba is 10. Click here for classes for ages 10 and 11
Call now to sign up 815-479-0996 or use our web registration.
Academic and Pool Training Details.
We offer two options for attending the academic and pool training.
Option 1. Saturday and Sunday 9 AM to 5 PM. The 1st half of each day is the academic review and the 2nd half of each day is the pool training. This will complete the academic review and pool training in one weekend.
Option 2. Two consecutive Tuesday nights for academic review and two consecutive Thursday nights for pool training from 6:30 PM to 10 PM, finishing in 4 weeknights. Weeknight training is limited to 2 people and is an additional $50.00.
The course fee includes:
- Open Water Home Study materials, which must be done before your class starts. The digital training materials can be accessed via a web browser, tablet, or smart phone (use the MySSI app for tablets or phones). Along with the training materials you'll have access to a digital logbook, your digital certification cards, maps of dive site around the world and more.
- Use of all scuba equipment.
- Referral certification to take with you on vacation if needed.
Proper fitting snorkeling equipment will greatly increase your overall comfort and safety while scuba diving. Therefore, you are required to have your own mask, snorkel, fins, and boots suitable for scuba. To ensure the best possible fit, our expertly trained staff will help you select your equipment. As a student you will receive our Equipment Satisfaction Guarantee and a $50.00 discount on the course fee when you purchase your mask, snorkel, fins and boots from Sea Level Diving.
|Academic & pool fee||$344.00*|
|Equipment purchase discount||-$50.00|
|Total for the academic & pool||$294.00|
Register for our academic & pool training by calling or use our web registration. Don't forget to register for the Open Water Dives too.
Private academic and pool training available to fit any schedule.
Open Water Training Dive Details
Big News!! We now do our training dives at 3 Oaks Recreation Area, only minutes from the store. No more driving hours to the dive site!! No other dive shop makes it easier to get certified. Sea Level Diving has the classroom training, pool training and training dives all in one location. Just one more reason Sea Level Diving is the best choice for your scuba training!
Included in the fee for the Training Dives:
- 4 open water training dives. 2 dives on Saturday and 2 dives on Sunday.
- Use of all scuba equipment.
- Certification fees.
- Three Oak Rec. Area diving fee for 2 days. ($40.00)
Fee for all 4 Open Water Dives: $189.00*
Additional Bonus: We'll transport you and your equipment to and from the dive site in our SCUBA BUS, eliminating parking hassles, $5.00 parking fee for non-residence and wet equipment in your car!
Private Training dives available.
Register for the Open Water Training Dives by calling or use our web registration.
We are collecting the park entrance fee when you register for the course to expedite the check in process at the park. The fee for the course is $149.00, the park fees are $40.00. your total at checkout will be $189.00.
*If you are coming to us as a referral from another shop add $50.00 to the course fee.
Would you like to try scuba before you sign up? Discover scuba is for you!
Commonly asked questions about scuba and our course.
Why Sea Level Diving is the best choice for you scuba lessons.