Atlantis Resort Dumaguete, Philippines
May 9-21, 2017
Why dive the Philippines? It is one of the most biologically diverse area on the planet, with hundreds of species of both, coral and marine life. The diving will be a mix of clear water coral reef diving and muck diving. Muck diving might be something you've not heard of before. It's diving in low visibility (20 or 30 feet) with little or no coral but it is where you'll find the most incredible marine life. The Ornate Ghost Pipefish (my personal favorite), Flamboyant Cuttlefish, more nudibranch than you can count, several octopus species, the list is endless. It's a photographer's heaven. I would say we will be doing about 60% of our diving around the coral and about 40% of the dives will be muck. Some of the best reef diving is around Apo Island, so we have 3 day-trips scheduled for Apo and similar areas.
Trip fee is $3650.00 per person double occupancy. A 2000.00* deposit is due now and the balance is due February 15, 2017.
- Roundtrip airfare from Chicago
- 9 nights at Atlantis Resort in their deluxe room (double occupancy)
- 3 meals daily at Toko's Restaurant (breakfast drinks, Italian and specialty coffees are included)
- Coffee, tea and filtered water are available from 6am to 6pm (Italian and specialty coffees are not included after breakfast)
- Up to 5 scheduled boat dives daily
- Free Nitrox
- 3 day trips to Apo island reefs
- Internet access
- Transfers and taxes
- Soda and alcoholic beverages
- Marine park fees (approximately $160.00)
Cancel before February 15th full refund less $200.00. No refund is available after February 15.
Trip insurance is highly recommended and must be purchased at the time of booking.
DAN Diver insurance is mandatory. You can sign up for DAN insurance at wwwdiversalertnetwork.org
Price subject to change until deposited.